Friday, October 23, 2009

Life Updates

We've been bad at keeping this up, partly because of the inconvenience of not having internet and partly because we've been busy.
Pamela and I have really gotten into a rhythm of life that feels so normal even after only a few months. Pamela cooks and I do the dishes. I keep saying I want to gain more confidence and practice cooking though... We're somehow able to eat tasty, cheap, nutritious food for the most part which we're both a little too satisfied about. I've been thinking about food a lot lately but there are so many other people so much more knowledgeable and thoughtful about it than me. Our friend Sarah wrote a blog post about eating organic, local, and vegetarian recently. Here's the link: http://allthingshold.blogspot.com/2009/09/good-better-best.html

Being a volunteer coordinator at two non-profits can be a little tricky for me sometimes but it's been good lately. Work has been a little better at both places than it had been for a while.
I've also been really enjoying not driving. I walk to work when I go to the one right by our house and I ride my bike when I go up north. I'm also very proud of myself for that. I really didn't know anything about bikes a few months ago and I wasn't particularly fit or driven. So, I guess what I'm saying is that it's easier to do than I realized and I really enjoy it.
A few weekends ago Pamela and I visited our friends Katerina and Sarah who live and work on an organic farm a few hours north of us. It was so nice to get away and such a restful weekend.
There's a lot more going on in our lives and my head. I'll try to write about some of it before it builds up too much.
peace,
Michael

1 comment: