Friday, April 23, 2010

Topics of Interest.

We are terrible bloggers. I like to blame it on not having internet at home... but when you consider the amount of time I waste online at work everyday, it's really not a legitimate excuse. Anyway, by way of catch up here is a little list of things we WOULD blog about, but haven't gotten to.
Current Topics of Interest in the (Schnake-)Kolbas Home:

-Adventures in home-making: cheese making, yogurt making, bread making, granola making, home-made fallafel. papusas, pad thai... the list goes on...
-Adventures in gardening: green-horn mistakes and the benefit of starting out SMALL.
-Wendell Berry's the Art of the Commonplace essay collection. (hmmm are we noticing a bit of theme here?)
-LOST Season 3 (ok, so I wouldn't write a whole blog post about it, but it's definitely a current topic of interest)
-Exploring San Diego County hiking - successes and failures.
-Using non-gendered pronouns for God. Freedom and struggle within feminist theology.
-Paradigms of power within: the Church, the Food Industry, and the non-profit world.
-Dumpster diving.
-Plants of San Diego: Introduced species. Edible wild plants. And SOIL.

Unfortunately photography hasn't been among the topics of interest so I don't have any nice pictures to spice up this post... Since it is unlikely that I will ever get to the blog posts that could be written on each of these topics, feel free to ask me personally if any of them spark your interest! I'm better at one-on-one conversations these days anyway.
love,
Pamela

2 comments:

  1. DIRT!! I like that word better than soil.

    Just don't get any on my light peach carpet,ok?

    And remember, you don't have kids yet. Your profile of interests tend to change.

    love your weirdness. I hope you love mine. --ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your weirdness ma. And yes, I do know kids cause a change, which is the exact reason why I don't care to have any just now. These intrests are fun for the moment, but they are very different than they were a year or two ago, and sure enough the list will look very different next year. Hope it doesn't seem like we're judging anyone else's interests just because I'm stating some of our own "weird" ones. :)

    ReplyDelete